If you notice over in the sidebar of the blog, theres a new box. I am now officially a Thermo Web design team member. You should hop over and check out the blog
, they have some really great projects and inspiration from some really fabulous folks. Here's my first project as a Thermo Web Design Team member, I couldn't be more excited. These went together in a jiffy, and here's the how-to.
Supplies for one coaster:
1/4 yard or a fat quarter of petal fabric
5" x 10" of center fabric
Thermo Web spray baste
1. Pattern pieces can be found here
as a PDF file so they are easy to print. Fold the petal fabric in half and cut 4 sets of petals. This will give you eight petals total. Cut 2 circles from the center fabric.
2. With right sides together sew around the curved outer edge of the petals. Be sure to leave straight side open for turning. Clip around outer edge, turn and press.
3. Spray each of the wrong sides of the center fabric pieces with spray baste. You could also use Thermo Web Lite here as well and apply it to each backside of the pieces.
4. Arrange the four petals onto the circle as shown in the above photo. Be sure that the edges of the petals will be hidden under the center. Place the remaining circle on top of the petals and press with an iron.
5. With a sewing machine or by hand, start on the outside of the circle and sew in a spiral until you reach the center. Trim any excess threads.
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook