Mini Cart

  • No products in the cart.

Happy Scrappy Scarf Kit Making and Camper Updates

Hello! It's been awhile. I have been busily working behind the scenes to get scarf kits made up. I kind of disappeared from social media during it all. Good news, they are back in stock! I thought I would give you some studio snapshots of the process of it all. Plus, since I haven't updated you on Lucy, our vintage Serro Scotty camper, I thought I would throw in some pics of it as well.

 First of all, I needed to dye more velveteen for the flower embellishments. My stock was running low and the velveteens in stores are just too "solid" for me. You know, I wanted some variation in the dye.

Here they are in the dye bath. They all turned out how I wanted them to, except the chartreuse. It turned out gold, and I am confused as to why that happened, but the gold is pretty.

Next I was on to cutting trims, each scarf has six trims...that's a lot of cutting and a lot of playing around with what trim goes with what. I love putting color combinations together, so this was a fun day of cutting.

Then I lay everything out on my work table (which takes a lot of cleaning first) and start matching up trims, felts, velveteens, quilting fabrics, etc. I try out lots of combos and yes, I am still having loads of fun.

Then comes the photographing, packaging, etc but that's not so pretty to look at so I didn't shoot any of that. So they are in the Etsy shop today, woot woot!

Now we are on to my camper.... It's been awhile since I've updated because it's been kind of boring stuff. Like tearing out old insulation and rotten wood. But that is all finished and the old smelly camper smell is going away, whew! 

We are taking the camper to a camper/trailer guy that is going to wire, plumb, and put on new tires. These are things that are really important and we didn't want to take our chances on messing up. The propane will be gone and we will be all electric with the option to switch over to a battery if needed. The water tank is old and probably disgusting inside so were getting it replaced as well.

We'll be taking her this week, but before we could we had to fix all of the beams and insulate.

And build the kitchen.

I ripped apart the old cabinets because they had been altered. I built all new ones and because were not going to have a stove, we were able to squeeze another drawer in. Nik build the drawer, I couldn't imagine cutting all of the boards so precise.

Then I had to get the sink in place. I found a piece of old counter top at the Habitat for Humanity store for 7.00! It was large enough to cut my counter out of. I used metal edging around the edge for trim. Metal edging is super hard to find these days. I found this in the carpet trim section at the Home Depot. It's for nailing down where to pieces of carpet come together. It's aluminum and work great. I plan on caulking around the edges with white but I have to wait for the plumbing to be done first. I still have touch up painting to do as well.

Oh, and how could I forget, I added air-conditioning. That's the best part about camping in a trailer!

Soon the fun stuff will be starting like curtains, paint, decorations, I can't wait for that. I decided I would sew three new quilts for the beds as well. Here is the beginning of Birk's quilt.

Have a great day!

Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook

Related Articles