Got kids going back to school? Make this pencil pouch to fit into a three ring binder or leave the ribbons off for a pencil pouch to keep in your bag.
Supplies: Printable pattern pieces 1/8 yard Outer Shell 1/8 yard Lining and pencil fabric 12" Zipper 9" ribbon Scrap Fabrics for metal band, eraser, wood, and pencil lead
Instructions: 1. Cut two pieces of the outer shell and lining each measuring 10 1/4" x 3 3/4".
2. Trace the appliqués to paper backed fusible webbing. I use Heat n Bond Lite for this. Iron the fusible webbing to the corresponding fabrics and arrange on to one piece of the pouch fabric.
3. Using black thread stitch the details onto the pencil. See pattern pieces for reference.
4. Cut three pieces of ribbon that are approximately 3" in length. Fold in half and pin in three place along the front side of the bag. If you don't have a three ring binder to measure, mine went at 3/4"", 5 1/4"", and 9" down from the top.
4. Next, sewn the zipper down the opposite side to the bag fronts and lining pieces. If you would like detailed instructions on installing a zipper and sewing the pouch, you can find them here. (loads of pictures)
5. After sewing the zipper place the rights sides of the front and back together. Stitch all the way around the outer side leaving a 4" opening in the bottom of the lining.
6. Clip the corners, turn right sides out, and hand stitch the opening closed. Push the lining into the bag.
We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
A password reset email has been sent to the email address on file for your account, but may take several minutes to show up in your inbox. Please wait at least 10 minutes before attempting another reset.
No account yet?
Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history. Just fill in the fields below, and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time. We will only ask you for information necessary to make the purchase process faster and easier.