Thanksgiving is in just a couple of weeks and if your not hosting this year, then a hostess gift would be nice to bring along to your gathering. How about a Thanksgiving Turkey Potholder?
Here's what you'll need: Printed Pattern, (can be found here) 1/4 yard Brown Plaid Fabric for Feathers and Backing Scraps of Brown Wood Grain and Brown Vine Fabric for Feathers 3" x 6" Cream Dot Fabric for Body 4" x 4" Gold Plaid Fabric for Wings 1" x 1" Red Fabric 5" Ribbon for Hanger 10" x 10" Fusible Fleece 1/4 yard Paper Backed Fusible Web Black or Brown Thread
Instructions: 1. Begin by tracing the four feathers(marked by numbers on pattern), the body, the wings, beak, and waddler onto the fusible web. Iron feather 1 and 3 onto the vine fabric and feathers 2 and 4 onto the woodgrain. Iron the rest of the pieces to the corresponding fabrics using the image above.
2. Cut out two full turkeys/full feathers from the plaid. The full turkey/full feathers is the outer line of the printed pattern. Cut one of these from fusible fleece as well.
3. Peel the paper backing off of the four feathers and arrange them onto the full turkey. It will be opposite of the pattern that you traced. Iron in place.
4. Next, iron the body, followed by the wings, beak, and waddler.
5. Iron the fusible fleece to the back of the fabric. Place the backing on top of the turkey so that right sides are facing.
6. Fold the ribbon in half and tuck the folded side in between the two layers of fabric on one side for the hanger. Pin everything in place.
7. Leaving a 3" opening at the bottom of the turkey, use a 1/4" seam allowance to sew around the outer edge. Clip all of the curves and turn right sides out. Press.
8. Using free motion embroidery or a straight stitch sew around all of the appliqués to secure. Make a smile and two eyes with the thread as well.
We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.
A password reset email has been sent to the email address on file for your account, but may take several minutes to show up in your inbox. Please wait at least 10 minutes before attempting another reset.
No account yet?
Registering for this site allows you to access your order status and history. Just fill in the fields below, and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time. We will only ask you for information necessary to make the purchase process faster and easier.