These adorable animals put the deer in en’deer’ing! With their large mule-like ears and a small white tail with a black tip, the Mule Deer is a classic icon of western United States wildlife. This kit includes all of the elements you need to create a male deer with antlers and a doe companion.
This Mule Deer Felt Stitching Pattern is an easy way to infuse your crafting experience with some animal inspiration!
To give this deer an extra splash of character, I’ll show you how to make antlers from twigs! Maybe you’ll choose a cutting from a sentimental tree in your hometown, or a twig from your child's kindergarten for a graduation gift as they go off to grade school… The size and type of twigs you choose are up to you!
Beginners and advanced crafters alike can create an impressive, nature-inspired animal replica, and let their imagination soar!
What you need to make your own Mule Deer Pair:
- Peat Moss, White, and Black Wool Blend Felt
- Embroidery Floss
- 4 Small Glass Beads for Eyes (if you're gifting it to a child you can sew french knots instead!)
- 4 Pipe Cleaners
- Fiber Fill
When finished, you can proudly display your impressive creation or share it with a lucky forest-life enthusiast!
…Or re-use the templates to create your own herd!
Here are some ideas to give your plush wildlife a new home…
- Make a cozy corner in your home even more interesting with your favorite wildlife friends
- Slip into a gift bag or present for a fun, handmade surprise
- Proudly display on a windowsill or shelf and marvel at your creation
- Gift to a child for hours of nature-inspired play
- Create unique holiday decor by adding a string or wire
- Add an embroidery hoop and some string to create a curious mobile for a lucky infant
- Use as a fun and friendly pincushion inside your sewing kit
Sewing is a great way to de-stress, unwind, and get creative.
Each stitch is an opportunity to invite a little mindfulness and serenity into your day. The animal kingdom is full of wonder… Let each creature’s unique way of being inspire new possibilities in your crafts and in your life.