1" Wood beads
1. Cut scraps of fabric measuring 3.5" x 2"
2. Stitch these together. You want to make a length of fabric 1.5 times longer than the necklace length you are wanting to make. So if you're making a 20" necklace, make a fabric strip measuring 30" in length.
3. Once you have the desired length, fold in half lengthwise with the right sides facing. Stitch down the side and turn right sides out to make a tube.
4. With a needle and thread run a gathering stitch around the end of the tube approximately 1" from the end. Pull the thread so it is tight. Stitch a few stitches to secure.
5. Slide a bead into the tube. Take a stitch to grab your fabric. Wrap the thread around the fabric just above the bead to secure. Take a few stitches and tie a knot.
6. Repeat step 5 until you have the length of necklace you would like.
7. Finish your necklace by stitching the two ends together.