The Blue Morphos is no ordinary butterfly! The males of the species are famous for their bright aquamarine wings, and the females showcase the beautiful hue along with areas of black.
However, many Blue Morpho Butterflies are gynandromorphs, a combination of both male and female, and their wings display a mix of traits. How will you create yours?
This Blue Morpho Butterfly Felt Stitching Pattern is an easy way to infuse your crafting experience with some animal inspiration!
Beginners and advanced crafters alike can create an impressive, nature-inspired animal replica, and let their imagination soar!
What you will need to make your own mounted Blue Morpho Butterfly:
- Norwegian Blue and Black Wool Blend Felt
- Embroidery Floss
- Birch Plywood Mount (optional)
- 5” 12 Gauge Aluminum Wire (optional)
- 2 Pipe Cleaners
When finished, you can proudly display your impressive creation or share it with a lucky bug-life enthusiast!
Here are some ideas to give your plush wildlife a new home…
- Hang over your mantle for a nature-friendly display
- Gift a fun, handmade surprise to an outdoorsy friend
- Display in a butterfly themed nursery or bedroom!
- Add a splash of character to that blank wall (... you know the one!)
- Make all of the Mounted Felt Stitching Kits and create a one-of a- kind gallery wall
Sewing is a great way to de-stress, unwind, and get creative.
Each stitch is an opportunity to invite a little mindfulness and serenity into your day. The animal kingdom is full of wonder… Let each creature’s unique way of being inspire new possibilities in your crafts and in your life.
Difficulty: Beginner - Intermediate